When you are purchasing a property in Calgary, consider that there are many different types of homes to choose from, particularly in the urban areas. Considering the various housing types in Calgary can help broaden your options in terms of availability, price, and size. Staying open to a housing type you may not have initially considered, can help you find something perhaps even better than you expected. Here are the the main housing categories:
- Apartment or suite: A unit in a building or house that is usually available for rent and has bedrooms, a kitchen, a bathroom and a living room
- Apartment building: Owned by a person who rents out individual suites.
- Condominium (condo): A suite in a building owned by one person or family.
- Duplex/townhouse: A house connected to another house that can be bought or rented.
- Mobile homes: Homes that can be moved from one place to another. Owners must also buy or rent the land to put a mobile home on.
- Room for rent: A room in a house or apartment where tenants share the kitchen, living room and bathroom.
- Room and board: A room and meals in a household. Furniture is included.
- Housing cooperative (co-op): Low-cost housing with waiting lists.
Contact us today for your future Calgary Real Estate Sale!