Applewood Housing Market
The Applewood Real Estate Calgary area became a part of Calgary in the year 1979; however, the community was formally established only three years later in 1982. This area has seen consistent development since then and the population has grown steadily over the years. Applewood is a popular community among both families and young professionals. Applewood is a great neighbourhood for families and home buyers looking for their first home. There are a number of detached single-family homes available in different architectural styles, designs, floor plans, and price ranges. There’s no shortage of townhomes and semi-detached units here as well. As a matter of fact, about 98 percent of Applewood homes for sale Calgary are detached homes, semi-detached homes, and townhomes. The rest 2 percent of homes here are apartments and condos. Given the central location of Applewood, it is quite popular among people working in downtown or other parts of the city. Most of the homes in Applewood, as many as 90 percent, are resident-owned.
Searching for Applewood Calgary Real Estate? We work to make your Applewood real estate transaction enjoyable. Our specialty is providing you with Applewood real estate market information offering you a customized Applewood home search to help you find exactly the Calgary East property you are looking for.
Read more about Applewood Homes.
Applewood Homes for Sale – Calgary Real Estate
When you look for Calgary homes for sale, you need
to be informed of everything that affects you and
your family. Calgary Real Estate agent speciality
is to make your Applewood real estate transaction gratifying, providing you with current Applewood homes for sale from all the Calgary real estate offices
Applewood Homes for Sale Today’s Stats
|Applewood Properties for Sale:||11|
|Aplewood Real Estate Prices (avg):||$357,173|
|Applewood Highest Price :||$489,000|
|Applewood Lowest Price:||$234,900|
Applewood Homes for Sale Calgary AB
Applewood Neighbourhood/ Community Guide
A residential neighbourhood, Applewood is located in south east quarter of the city. In comparison to many other communities in Calgary, it is relatively new as it was established in year 1982.
Applewood Community Association
The community has its own association: Applewood Community Association. It offers sports programs, among other things.
Several shopping hotspots can be easily accessed from Applewood, like 17 Ave area. There are many retail stores and restaurants in this area. In case you are in mood of some shopping, head over to this area, which is very popular among residents. Another shopping option nearby is Sunridge Mall located at about 6 km from Applewood. Keen shoppers interested in new infill homes Applewood would be extremely pleased to know that Chinook Centre Mall, Calgary’s biggest indoor mall, is just a short drive away. The same is true for downtown Calgary with its numerous shopping, dining, and recreation options. There are two other malls within a few minutes’ drive from Applewood and these are Deerfoot Mall and SouthCentre Mall. Calgary zoo, a major attraction among kids, is also nearby. In case reading is your hobby, you would certainly enjoy living in Applewood. There are three quality libraries in close proximity to this community. All in all, Applewood offers plenty of amenities, and there’s always something to do and enjoy here.
Applewood Parks and Recreation
Calgary South East Parks – All Calgary parks are open from 5 a.m. – 11 p.m. unless otherwise stated at the park.
- 180 Applestone Pk. S.E.*
- 6 Appleglen Pk. S.E.*
- 55 Applewood Way S.E.*
- 43 Appletree Rd. S.E.*
- 133 Appleburn Cl. S.E.*
- 188 Applewood Dr. S.E.*
- 707 Applewood Dr. S.E.*
- 119 Applecrest Cr. S.E.
Applewood Public Transport
Applewood is centrally located and is well connected with downtown core and rest of Calgary. Several bus routes run close to it and there are four LRT stations within 4 km radius around it. Moving around Applewood is easy, all thanks to the super-efficient and convenient Calgary Transit Service. If you want to live in a largely middle-class neighbourhood near downtown Calgary, check out the latest Applewood real estate listings Calgary.
Families looking for an Applewood house for sale would be happy to note that there are several schools in close proximity to it, such as the following:
- G.W. Skene School
- Saint Kateri Tekakwitha School
- St. John Bosco Private School
- St. Martha School
- Jack James High School
- Keeler School
Disclaimer: Information herein deemed reliable but not guaranteed by CREB®.