Did you know that having a complete home inspection with an energy audit can save you money? Usually, the only time a Calgary home inspection is mentioned is when you are selling your home. Here are a few things you probably do not know about home inspections that might save your home while saving you money!
- Fact: While the chances of your house falling into a sinkhole or transported to Kansas by tornado are fairly slim, there are still very important structural issues that need to be checked. Wonder why you suddenly have allergies or a cold that just won’t seem to go away? Mold and mildew growing in the structure of your home could actually be affecting your health. Over time, that same mold and mildew can physically weaken the structure of your home.
- Fact: Every year, thousands of house fires are caused by faulty electrical wiring. Homes built 20 or more years ago are at the highest risk, though newer homes are not exempt.
- Fact: Plumbing can easily be one of the most costly repairs required for your home.
- Fact: Heating/Cooling are necessary to be as comfortable as possible in your home. Just because we want to be cool in the summer and warm in the winter doesn’t mean that we have to pay an arm and a leg in energy costs. An energy efficient home helps to keep money in your pockets.
- Fact: Leaks and cracks in the roof and exterior of the home go largely unnoticed, but just because you can’t see any immediate damage doesn’t mean that it doesn’t exist. Long term damages could require major renovations (like replacing the entire roof) that can cost more than you can afford, or even stop someone from purchasing your house if you’re looking to sell.
Identifying and correcting the issue early could save you a fortune in damages! The best way to face these potential obstacles head on is to have a full home inspection.
Contact a professional at http://www.myfriendfernando.ca/contact-us.php and understand the importance of a home inspection and view all the Calgary Real Estate listings for sale visiting http://www.MyFriendFernando.ca.
Leave a Comment
Disclaimer: Information herein deemed reliable but not guaranteed by CREB®.
Listing information last updated on August 19th, 2017 at 3:15pm CDT.